Saturday, April 26, 2008

An Open Letter to Tim

Dear Hubby,

I thought I'd write you about a problem I'm having.

I'm not sure what else to do.

I went to the store and bought a brand new disposal.

I left it on the counter for you notice and install.

I wrote "Install Disposal" on your To Do list.

I reminded you to install the disposal.

I watched the children while you installed the disposal.

I watched the children while you ran to the store for necessary parts that were missing.

I said, "it's okay" when you ran out of time to finish.

(I was lying.)

I was annoyed when you said the wiring on the switch to the disposal doesn't work.

I suggested you call family, friends, anyone who could help with the wiring on the disposal switch.

I went to the library and found you how-to books for wiring, disposals, electricity.

I talked with an electrician and got a (useless) drawing and phone number for you.

I bring up the topic when any male walks through the front door in hopes of solving the problem.

I can no longer take it.

I want the disposal to work.

I don't care what it takes.

I think after eight months of living here it should work by now.

Love,
Wifey

2 comments:

DaNette said...

This sounds so familiar...do our husbands know each other??? I hate making the "to do" lists that never get done, or even looked at for that matter--errrr.

Anonymous said...

Tim,
I am so in your club, I wouldn't be able to fix the disposal at all...then I would walk away and leave it. Then, I would hire someone to get the thing to run.. who do you know in your ward that could do that in exchange for a pizza, piano lesson and hour of babysitting? Love ya, Jolynn