Saturday, April 4, 2009

Friends

Lately I've been so grateful for some dear friends that I've made. There have been so many times when I've leaned on them. Friends have rushed in and saved the day, gone shopping with me, chatted for hours, listened to my pity parties, shared recipes, been great role models, given advice, given compliments.

The list could go on... it has been a long time since I've had friends like that. I thank my lucky stars for them everyday. They've truly been an answer to many prayers. For the longest time I felt like I'd forgotten how to make friends. When I was younger it just came naturally. And then because I was lonely I tried to convince myself that I didn't want/need friends. Boy was I WRONG! I've felt a new sense importance, energy and love as I've filled my days with friends. So, to you ladies, thank you. No, seriously, THANK YOU. I appreciate your friendship.

2 comments:

Elaina said...

This hit me pretty hard on what you said. I'm kinda of thinking the same way about I don't need friends and i'm probably wrong as well. Not a big talker more than a listener. Don't know what to really talk to people about. Made friends a lot easier when I was younger as well. Having kids you kind of lose that part of life a little bit.

Marcus and Jenny said...

I love you Amanda!